What is metroDPA?
metroDPA is a down payment assistance* program for low and moderate-income individuals and families located around the Front Range area in Colorado.
They offer up to 6% of the loan amount to Colorado home buyers to put towards their down payment and closing costs.
Advantages of metroDPA
- Up to 6% assistance as a 3-year forgivable, 2nd lien
- Great low rates
- Household income limit of $150,000
- Government and Conventional, 30-year fixed rate loans
- USDA assistance is in the form of a grant
- No first-time homebuyer requirement
- Large program area (List of eligible areas below)
General metroDPA Program Requirements
- FHA, VA, USDA, and Conventional home loans
- Qualified borrowers with a credit score above 640 (down to 620 in some cases)
- Homebuyer education course required - HUD-approved or CHFA
- Must be the principal residence
- No purchase price limits (set by Agency guidelines)
- Buying a home in an approved area
Eligible metroDPA Areas
Mortgage loans can only be made within the City and County of Denver and within the incorporated areas of Cities & Towns or the unincorporated areas of participating Counties (listed below):
metroDPA Approved Cities and Towns:
Arvada, Ault, Aurora, Bennett, Berthoud, Boulder, Brighton, Broomfield, Castle Rock, Centennial, Commerce City, Dacono, Deer Trail, Denver, Edgewater, Elizabeth, Englewood, Erie, Evans, Federal Heights, Firestone, Fort Collins, Frederick, Golden, Greeley, Johnstown, Keenesburg, Lakewood, Littleton, Lochbuie, Lone Tree, Longmont, Loveland, Mead, Northglenn, Parker, Platteville, Sheridan, Superior, Thornton, Timnath, Wellington, Westminster, Wheat Ridge, Windsor
metroDPA Approved Counties:
Adams County, Arapahoe County, Boulder County, Broomfield County, Denver County, Douglas County, Elbert County, Jefferson County, Larimer County
metroDPA Approved Unincorporated Counties:
Acequia, Acres Green, Adams City, Allenspark, Altona, Applewood, Aspen Park, Bark Ranch, Bellvue, Bergen Park, Bonanza Mountain Estates, Buckeye, Buffalo Creek, Byers, Campion, Canfield, Caribou, Castle Pines Village, Cherokee Park, Coal Creek Canyon, Columbine, Conifer, Crisman, Deckers, Drake, Dupont, Eastlake, Eldora, Eldorado Springs, Evergreen, Foxton, Franktown, Genesee, Glen Echo, Glen Haven, Glendale (Boulder), Glendevey, Gold Hill, Gooding, Grandview Estates, Greenland, Gunbarrel, Henderson, Hidden Lake, Highlands Ranch, Hygiene, Idledale, Indian Hills, Kelim, Ken Caryl Ranch, Kinikinik, Kittredge, Laporte, Lazy Acres, Leyden, Leyner, Liggett, Livermore, Louviers, Marshall, Masonville, Meridian, Meridian Village, Mountain Meadows, Niwot, Paragon Estates, Perry Park, Pine, Pine Brook Hill, Pinecliffe, Plastic, Red Feather Lakes, Roxborough Park, Rustic, Sedalia, Seven Hills, Shaffer's Crossing, Sierra Ridge, St. Ann Highlands, Stepping Stone, Sterling Ranch, Stonegate, Strasburg, Sugarloaf, Sunshine, Tall Timber, Ted's Place, The Pinery, Valmont, Watkins, Waverly, Westcreek, Wondervu
Security First Financial, a Division of PRMI, is an approved metroDPA Lender
*First lien interest rates may be higher when using a DPA second. Closing costs and fees may still apply.
metroDPA Social Equity Program
The metroDPA Social Equity Program offers potential homeowners $15,000 or $25,000 based on their income level and approval by the Department of Housing Stability.* The program that aims to increase homeownership in communities of color, and targets people who lived in or are descendants of families that lived in Denver’s redlined neighborhoods from 1938-2000.
metroDPA Social Equity Program Eligibility
- Family makes up to $176,700/year
- Minimum credit score of 640
- Up to 5% in down payment assistance with no interest*
- Forgivable loan - don't have to pay back in the homeowner stays in the home for more than 3 years
Applicants must do the following to use the metroDPA Social Equity program:
- Find the location on the redlined mapping tool to identify it as an eligible property;
- Complete a form and provide the necessary documentation to prove eligibility
- If eligible, an approval # will be emailed to you
- Meet credit and income qualifications to qualify for a metroDPA home loan
- Income level determines the amount of assistance
The metroDPA Social Equity Qualifying Areas Map is available to confirm eligibility...
Please contact us to request more information or to verify your eligibility.
*First lien interest rates may be higher when using a DPA second.