Customized Home Loans
The Nick Barta Team at Security First Financial offers a wide variety of popular loan products, including loans to help with the down payment, to meet your individual needs in home financing.
We make it simple to tailor a loan to your specific needs, whether you're a first-time buyer or looking to upgrade to your forever home.
Start working with Nick Barta and his team right away by contacting us or submitting an online application.
Click Here to Apply Online
Colorado Home Loan Programs:
CHFA Loans Click to open answer
The following are some of CHFA’s general requirements:
- All borrowers have a mid-credit score of 620 or higher
- Total borrower income must not exceed CHFA’s income limits
- Attend a CHFA-approved homebuyer education class (in person or on-line) prior to loan closing
- Make a minimum borrower financial contribution of at least $1,000 toward the purchase of the home
Down payment and/or closing cost assistance options:
- Down Payment Assistance Grant *
- Up to 3 percent of your first mortgage**
- No repayment required
- Second Mortgage Loan*
- Up to 4 percent of your first mortgage**
- Repayment of loan balance deferred until certain events, such as payoff of your first mortgage, or the sale or refinance of the home.
**For a 30-year, fixed-rate loan.
metroDPA Down Payment Assistance Click to open answer
metroDPA is a local program serving Coloradans seeking affordable homeownership.
Down Payment Assistance*:
- 30-year fixed-rate mortgages to qualified homebuyers and Government Loans:
- FHA, VA, and USDA
- Conventional Loans: Government-Sponsored Enterprise (GSE) Programs
- Assistance up to 5% of the first mortgage loan amount
- Assistance is in the form of a 3-year forgivable second mortgage
- 0% interest rate, no repayment anticipated
- USDA assistance is in the form of a grant
Who can use it?
- Qualified borrowers with a credit score above 640 (down to 620 in some cases)…
- An income below $150,000/year
- Buying a home in an approved area
- Must be primary residence and purchase only
- No first-time homebuyer requirement
- No purchase price requirement
*First lien interest rates may be higher when using DPA second. Closing costs and fees may still apply.Apply Now
FHA Home Loans Click to open answer
Homeownership could be closer than you think. Our FHA loan programs are created for buyers like you who are ready to take the next step in life.
With features like homeownership workshops and available down payment assistance, government-backed FHA home loans are perfect for:
Low-to-moderate income families
Buyers looking for a low down payment
Buyers with higher debt-to-income ratios
Conventional Loans Click to open answer
Conventional loans offer affordable rates and flexible down payment options.
Low interest rates and fees
Low down payment options
Mortgage insurance requirement depends on the down payment amount
Available for purchases or refinances
This loan program poses fewer hurdles than other mortgages, so you could close faster.Apply Now
VA Home Loans Click to open answer
VA home loans* offer flexible, sustainable terms, allowing you to purchase your first home even if you have limited savings. And with several refinancing options, you can turn your home equity into cash and reduce your monthly mortgage payment.
Features of our VA Home Loans:
100% financing available with no down payment*
Government-backed, so no private mortgage insurance required
Competitive rates, a greater degree of safety, and optimal flexibility
Easier qualification requirements compared to other home loans
Financing for veterans, active service members, and select military spouses
*VA home loan purchases, have options for 0% down payment, No private mortgage Insurance requirements, competitive interest rates, with specific qualification requirements. VA Interest rate reduction loans (IRRRL) are only for Veterans who currently have a VA loan, current loan rate restrictions apply, and limits to recoupment of costs and fees apply. VA Cash-out Refinances are available for Veterans with or without current VA loans. Policies and guidelines may vary and are subject to the individual borrower(s) qualification. Program and Lender overlays apply.Apply Now
USDA (Rural Housing) Home Loans Click to open answer
USDA loans are government-insured loans that help people purchase homes in rural areas. These loans are often available with low or no down payment.*
USDA Program Features
No down payment required*
Minimum credit score of 620
Lower mortgage insurance fees than Conventional or FHA
Ideal for low and moderate-income households
15-year and 30-year fixed mortgage interest rates
Financing for existing homes, new construction, or foreclosures
Income flexibilities for homes in USDA-eligible areas
*Closing costs and fees may still apply.Apply Now
Jumbo Home Loans Click to open answer
These loans have higher loan limits that help you purchase high-value property. Low down payments are possible.
With loans as high as $2,000,000, our new Jumbo loan program features:
Qualifying credit scores as low as 700
Low down payment options
Financing for primary residences, second homes, and investment properties
Options for first-time homebuyers
Cash-out refinances with up to $350,000 back
† Limited availability in some areas.
Bank Statement Loan Click to open answer
Our bank statement program is created for self-employed borrowers to purchase or refinance a home. Since tax returns are not required, this could be a great option for credit worthy self-employed homebuyers!We offer self-employed borrowers...
- Loans up to $3 million
- Up to 90% LTV
- Credit scores starting at 600
- Two years seasoning for foreclosure, short sale, bankruptcy or deed-in-lieu
- No tax returns required
- Two years self-employed required
- 1099 option available
- 40 year fixed rate interest only available
- Purchase and cash-out or rate-term refinance
- 12 or 24 months business bank statements (must own at least 50% of the business)*
- 12 or 24 months personal bank statements (must own at least 25% of the business)
- Owner-occupied, second homes and non-owner occupied
- Non-warrantable condos OK
*Loan must close in borrower’s name if the business is a Limited Liability Corporations (LLC). One-month bank statement qualification not permitted.