What is the metroDPA Social Equity Program?
The metroDPA Social Equity Program offers potential homeowners $15,000 or $25,000 based on their income level and approval by the Department of Housing Stability.* The program that aims to increase homeownership in communities of color, and targets people who lived in or are descendants of families that lived in Denver’s redlined neighborhoods from 1938-2000.
metroDPA Social Equity Program Eligibility:
- Household income limits of $176,700/year
- Minimum credit score of 640
- Up to 5% in down payment assistance with no interest*
- Forgivable loan - don't have to pay back in the homeowner stays in the home for more than 3 years
Applicants must do the following to use the metroDPA Social Equity program:
- Find the location on the redlined mapping tool to identify it as an eligible property
- Complete a form and provide the necessary documentation to prove eligibility
- If eligible, an approval number will be emailed to you
- Meet credit and income qualifications to qualify for a metroDPA home loan
- Income level determines the amount of assistance
A copy of the metroDPA Social Equity Qualifying Areas map is available to confirm eligibility:
Nick Barta, Division President of Security First Financial, is an approved metroDPA lender. Please contact us to request more information or to verify your eligibility.
*First lien interest rates may be higher when using a DPA second.